Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Beautiful Little Princess

As everyone knows, Robbie is our little Superhero and Lauren is our Little Princess. Well, at TWO YEARS OLD, I think it's gone to her head! AAH! I think we have a problem on our hands! :) Lauren loves being a princess. She loves big poofy dresses and she dances around like a ballerina. She has always preferred dresses and has worn a dress nearly EVERY single day for probably the last two months. Well, I went to target the other day and they were having a sale. I bought her two pairs of shorts and two shirts for 89 cents each!!! Well....this morning...I put a pair on her since we are heading over to Redondo Beach. You would think that it woudln't be a big deal. A little girl wearing shorts....girls wear shorts all the time! Well, here's the outcome of her new outfit!!

Sigh. She spent the next hour dragging around her princess dress begging me to put it on her! I guess we'll have to go to Target and show Lauren that Barbie's wearing shorts too! Sigh!

7 comments:

Judy said...

The poor princess! How degrading!

alliatwood said...

Wow, that had me laughing out loud! It's so hard to be a princess in a regular 2 year old body. Lauren I'm routing for you! ;)

Ashley said...

Uncle Robbbie had the same reaction when he couldn't wear his princess gowns--must be the age.

Kristine said...

Ooh, what kind of mother are you--trying to dress your princess in something other than ball gowns?? She's like the protagonist in The Princess and the Pea. The main thing you take away from that fable is that it's okay to be high maintenance. Lauren--you have my permission to be high maintenance! :)

The Au Family said...

Krissy, I'm guessing that means you'll be willing to pay to support her high maintenance ball gown wearing habits? Let me know when to expect the first check!

Unknown said...

Wait so that is a bad reaction? That explains why girls make it when I ask them out. I have a lot to learn...

Karalenn Hippen said...

hahaha. Cute Lauren. I love that you posted pictures of her in the middle of a huge tantrum. We went to our new ward for the first time today (we've been going to Seth's parents' or my parent's ward since moving here). Anyway, there was this little curly haired boy in front of us and he reminded poor Kendyl of her Robbie. What a disapointment that it was some other kid. :( Sure miss you guys!