Friday, July 20, 2012

Freedom Run July 4th 2012

Robbie and I did the Freedom Run together for the 4th of July!  I was surprised how tired I got!  All that mattered though was that we finished!  He did great and I was so proud of him.   We had to get up at 5:30 in order to get to Provo in time for a 7:00 start!

Waiting for the race to start!

What was I thinking?  :)

Pre-race


Getting ready to run!


Race Chip

So excited to run!
Another pre-race!
Look at all the runners in red!

Doing great!  Almost done!

Finish line!  Robbie took off at this point!

Finished!

So glad to be done!
In front of the "Y"


Yay, we didn't miss out!  We saw a hot air balloon!


Post race!

Rob was very excited to get a medal, a water bottle and 3 fat boy ice cream sandwiches!  :)

My favorite quotes of the freedom run:

 "look mom, I can walk faster than you run!" Thanks, kid. :)

"I love that I can run on the street without having to look both ways!"

Happy 4th!





No comments: